WHEATON GLOBAL MOVEMENT POSTED IN WORK FOR OCT. 6 EVENT
In addition to hosting dozens of interstate agents for Wheaton World Wide Moving’s Sales Training on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and more network members for Hauling Bootcamp on Thursdays, the Wheaton team had some busy days promoting and hosting during the first week of October. from our inaugural Indy Truck Pull, a good-natured competition to raise money for Give Kids The World.
THANK YOU TO COMPANY SPONSORS
Before sharing more photos and videos of the morning show’s truck pull demo and announcing the amount raised for GKTW, we’d like to thank the sponsors who pushed us past our $20,000 goal:
- Music sponsor | A point
- Glove sponsor | Cory Shook – State Farm
- T-shirtsponsor | Michaels Uniform Co.
- Scoreboard sponsor | Gemini Advanced Marketing Services
- Goodiebagsponsor | Berk, Inc.
- Sponsors food truck | AMS Relocation, Inc., Movers Marketers , Marktpro, Inc. and Rural car transport
- Welcome Tent sponsor | Palmer Associates
- Print Sponsor | Indys Pro Graphix
- Silkscreen sponsor | T&T Promotions
- Finishlijnsponsor | MovingLeads.com door First Movers Advantage
- Rope sponsor | N&N Moving Supplies
- Registration Tent sponsor | Exodus Moving & Storage
- Game sponsor | B2E Marketing & EWS Group
- Team sponsors | A-1 Auto , Hub International Insurance , HJ Spier Assurances , De Noll Landscape Group , TTN Fleet Solutions , United Steelworkers , and Victory Packing
- With major sponsors | Braden Business Systems, Coast Valley Moving & Storage , Complete Office Supplies , DriverReach , SeaCure, Inc. , TravelCenters of America
- And many donations from generous individuals such as Carole Palazzo, Randy Stannard and Rex Swing!
INDIANAPOLIS NBC AFFILIATE MET DE TRUCK PULL OP 13SUNRISE
While most of the fundraising was at the corporate level, Wheaton needed onlookers to cheer on the competing teams and purchase dinner at on-site food trucks to help support the nonprofit. So part of the effort to raise money for Give Kids The World was to garner publicity, such as the spots featured on Wednesday, October 5 during the 4:30 AM to 7:00 AM show on the Indy NBC affiliate.
The station showed several segments:
- An interview with Wheaton President AJ Schneider about who Wheaton is and how the company came into contact with GKTW.
- Sound bites from Matt Paxton about the van line and PBS partnership.
- GKTW alumni family the Ginthers talk about their experience in Central Florida and how much it meant to not only their wish child Hannah, but their other children as well.
- Cheerleading feature! Hannah and a friend performed Truck Pull cheers for the camera.
- A truck pull demonstration by Matt Paxton and 10 members of the Wheaton | Bekins team: Chris Banguis, Ron Borkowski, Brenda Carter, Kevin Miller, April Milner, Paul Salmon, AJ Schneider, Jaymie Shook, Justin Swing and Brett Welch.
SET UP FOR THE INDY TRUCK PULL
Finally, Thursday night saw a ton of people joining in to help set up and run the inaugural Indy Truck Pull. Staff set up tables and chairs, opened awnings, assembled donkeys to hang sponsorship signs, put up banners, laid out t-shirts, gloves and games, and much more.
Once everything was set up and people started arriving, more volunteers showed up to run the show, and not to be left behind, several members of the team donned their gloves and pulled the truck!
Thank you to all our volunteers and participants:
- Eddie Acosta, Mariah Hubbard, Mark Russell, Austin Shaffer & Johnny Shelton of Wheaton Moving & Storage ;
- Tommy Goodin of Goodin Moving Solutions ;
- Don Henson from Brandon Moving & Storage ;
- Joel LeVene & Randy Turner of Turner Moving & Storage ;
- Carrie Levy of Exodus Moving & Storage ;
- Paul Newman van AMS Relocation, Inc.;
- Jay & Sherry Ocker;
- Micayla Rowe from Give Children the World ,
- Clair Salyer & Stephanie Tollefson of Gemini Advanced Marketing Solutions ;
- Lori Shepard & Katie Weissert of Reindeer Auto ;
- Josh & Marrissa Tracy from Yolo Transfer ;
- Chris Banguis, Mike Battreall, Ron Borkowski, Todd Emrick, Kyle Fetterman, Matt Gore, Myranda Gourley, Krista Helm, Chelsea Hugunin, Mike Lowder, April Milner, Kyle Patz, Marci Poynter, Laura Pung, David Raney, Doug Robinson, Paul Salmon , AJ Schneider, Johnny Shelton, Jaymie Shook, Justin Swing, Brett Welch, Hollis Williams, Ron Williams en Roger Wise van Wheaton World Wide Moving.
TREK DIE TRUCK
Nine teams of ten donned work gloves and tore the truck 100 feet across the finish line, with Morse Moving & Storage and Cory Shook – State Farm as the top two. In the championship round, the moving team was almost two seconds faster than the insurance team. Very impressive!
Thanks to team sponsors:
- Wheaton World Wide Moving personeel
- Morse Moving & Storage* 2022 Indy Truck Pull Champions!
- Win Daily (Kustom Disaster Recovery)
- Cory Shook – State Farm* 2022 Indy Truck Pull Runner Up!
- TTN Fleet Solutions, who traveled all the way to Indiana from Texas!
- Hauling Bootcamp, consisting of representatives of moving companies from all over the country
- HJ Muscle Insurance
- Indy Pickleball Club
TOTAL AMOUNT COLLECTED FOR GKTW THROUGH THE INDY TRUCK PULL
We exceeded our goal for the nonprofit! It would not have been possible without our sponsors, participants and volunteers. Come visit https://give.gktw.org/keatonskorral to donate for the amazing work GKTW is doing for children and families. Email [email protected] if you would like information about our upcoming Indy Truck Pull in 2023.